Are you still using Windows 7?

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
James

Are you still using Windows 7?

Post by James »

I'm not sure if anyone has read the tech news much, but once it hits January 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 (unless you bought a specific set of licenses). Are you still using Windows 7, if so, do you still think you will use it or will you finally upgrade to Windows 8.1 / Windows 10?
word count: 60
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

I seriously considered switching back to Windows 7 at one point due to some of my frustrations with Windows 10. However, Windows 7 has embedded a lot of the more annoying features that Windows 10 has in recent updates, so it's pointless to go back now. Windows 7 is also rapidly approaching the end of its support, so we seem to be stuck with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. I tried switching to Linux as well, but I found that much of the software that I use on a daily basis is hopelessly incompatible even with WINE.
word count: 99
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I still have Windows 7 as my only OS right now, but I intend to get a new laptop within the next month that has Windows 10 instead. I'm mostly getting a new laptop because this one is 10+ years old and I can't take it places because the battery no longer works so it has to be constantly plugged in.
word count: 63
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I run 8.1, I refuse to go with windows 10...
on the other hand I've got an XP/Dos machine and an old macbook so....

side note: other than the latest chrome windows XP does stuff just fine as long as you're rolling with a decent anti-virus.
and firefox has a version for it that works well.
word count: 61
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

Not at home: I skipped straight from Vista to Windows 8. Yeah, take pity on my poor soul :( .

At work, I'm still using Windows 7 (a 32-bit version).
word count: 30

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

I upgraded at the last moment. I'm not really a fan of the search bar because everything is dark on my screen but the search bar is white.
word count: 29
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

Lex Luthor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:10 pm I upgraded at the last moment. I'm not really a fan of the search bar because everything is dark on my screen but the search bar is white.
I had to hide it on a couple of my boxes.

Right click inside the search box -> Search -> Uncheck Show Search Box.
word count: 61
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

Aeowulf wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:58 pm
Lex Luthor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:10 pm I upgraded at the last moment. I'm not really a fan of the search bar because everything is dark on my screen but the search bar is white.
I had to hide it on a couple of my boxes.

Right click inside the search box -> Search -> Uncheck Show Search Box.
You are a life saver. Thanks a lot.
word count: 78
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

Lex Luthor wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:31 pm You are a life saver. Thanks a lot.
I do what I can. :D
word count: 23
Darth-Apple

Post by Darth-Apple »

I still use Windows 7 occasionally. I have a desktop that still runs it. I installed Ubuntu on it and gave that a try, but it didn't work well with various wireless drivers, so I've stuck with Windows on it.

It's actually pretty lightweight in terms of performance requirements. It's not the most powerful machine, but it still feels faster than my daily driver which is significantly better in terms of specs. Windows 10 is fast as well, but only when you first install it. That goes down by the wayside after a few months. :P
word count: 99
Makestation Forums - Creative arts community
Saturn-Moon.com - A modern day time capsule (under construction)