Do you remember your dreams?

We can't always be on the computer- real life has a way of dragging you away, after all. That's why this forum is here- to talk all about it.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you remember your dreams?

Post by Juneberry »

Dreams can be a great place to get ideas for your creative side, but they also can teach us a lot about ourselves, I think. Do you keep track of your dreams? Do you remember them to begin with when you wake up? I know I only really remember the nightmares I have... And as of recently, I'm using them to shape a brand new story to break my own barriers. Trying to find the meaning that was held by them, though, is a much more difficult story.
word count: 89
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

when I was a kid I used to have terrible nightmares, bad history when I was little.
but my grandfather took it upon himself to teach me about lucid dreaming.
I remember my dreams because I'm always concious of them.
mostly though I use that time and the control of the dream to think about stuff and try out new ideas.
my most common place to go?
a ship orbiting a gas planet around another star, it's nice to have somewhere remote to think lol.
also great for working on stuff I'm writing since I can play out ideas like directing a play or movie.
word count: 108
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

That makes me really want to learn lucid dreaming- plus, with control of the nightmares, they won't be as scary anymore.
Seriously though, that's a great image to imagine right there~
word count: 33
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

Well there's a trick to it. Look at your hands willfully during a dream, it's like putting in a dev mode cheat. After that it's anything you can imagine becomes tangible.
word count: 34
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

First I'd need help recognizing i'm in a dream and telling me to look at them. xD
word count: 19
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

Depends.

It's normally foggy and I never remember the beginning, but sometimes I remember pieces of it. I think most cases, I never remember someone's face from a dream.
word count: 31
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

Only the very weird ones, that tend to descend into massive food fights :P .
word count: 13

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Lammchen

Post by Lammchen »

I remember a lot of my dreams and most of them are very pleasant. I can sense when a dream is turning bad and then force it to change so that it doesn't become a nightmare. Sometimes I have prophetic type dreams and the deja vu feeling can be really creepy.

I dream in color. Do you?
word count: 58
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Lammchen wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:01 pm I remember a lot of my dreams and most of them are very pleasant. I can sense when a dream is turning bad and then force it to change so that it doesn't become a nightmare. Sometimes I have prophetic type dreams and the deja vu feeling can be really creepy.

I dream in color. Do you?
I've had slight prophetic dreams once or twice in my life as well- that deja vu certainly is creepy, especially depending on when the dream was.
And I do dream in color. A lot of colors.
Kyng wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:47 pm Only the very weird ones, that tend to descend into massive food fights :P .
I have a lot of weird ones that usually are easily remembered but scare me. Some are just plain painful (I felt pain in the dream). Dreams can be peculiar.
word count: 156
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I usually don’t remember mine. Sometimes I do though. Used to write them down and try to figure out the meanings.
word count: 22