Do you think that people are actually going to storm Area 51?

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
James

Do you think that people are actually going to storm Area 51?

Post by James »

I'm sure that everyone has heard by now, that the Facebook group that stated as a joke seems to actually have a legit following and people are going to show up. A few news stations covered that all of the hotels nearest to Area 51 are booked and are getting hundreds of calls a day around the week of September that this even is supposed to happen.

Do you think people are actually going to try to storm area 51? If so, what do you think is going to happen to them?
word count: 93
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Personally, I think it's highly plausible that there are people who would try it, but imagining quite that many people going is a bit hard to believe. What will happen to them though, or my guess, is being arrested for being on government land?
word count: 45
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

hehehe, who knows, maybe there'll be actual UFO's abducting them and erasing the evidence like that one X files episode when people actually got onto the secret military base.
of course the UFO was a US government aircraft reverse engineered from alien technology... but still lol.
word count: 48
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

I feel as though people would go, but no one would actually rush Naruto-style unless they want to be shot at.. and I'm pretty sure they're going to fire into the skies and if that doesn't intimidate anyone, they'd start shooting at civilians. I think they're within their rights to do so after warning shots that are ignored.
word count: 64
Jason5

Post by Jason5 »

I feel people won't do that. They know the area is highly restricted and if they storm they will be surely shot down. What ever the Government is hiding will one day come to light automatically.
word count: 37
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

Jason5 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:49 pmWhat ever the Government is hiding will one day come to light automatically.
Do you really believe that?

There could be tons of things that are classified that we don't know or never will know about. When Bush was still the president, I'm sure a lot of shady things went on behind the scenes for example.
word count: 66
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I have no doubt there's a lot of things the government is hiding, but it's nice to believe that won't always be the case. Sadly, though, I think it's a necessity for the government to avoid sharing certain things... some things might cause mass panic, after all.
word count: 51
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

I suspect a small number of people will show up, but not enough to be a proper 'storming'. It'll probably just be a few dozen crazies who get there and immediately wonder why they even bothered :P .
word count: 37

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

It's not unlike these things never happen. There was a point where a bunch of counter-culture folks tried to levitate the pentagon.
word count: 24
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

Kyng wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:27 pm I suspect a small number of people will show up, but not enough to be a proper 'storming'. It'll probably just be a few dozen crazies who get there and immediately wonder why they even bothered :P .
In the end, 75 people went. I'd say that's "a few dozen".

I called it :P !
word count: 63

#ForzaJules 1989-2015