Supernatural Anime?

This is the perfect place to talk about TV and movies!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Supernatural Anime?

Post by Juneberry »

So my dad just found out on an app he loves, CWSeed, that there really was an anime based on Supernatural, a show he equally loves. I'm not keen to watch it just yet- he's watching alone for now. But has anyone heard of it or seen it? I'd love to hear how it is!
word count: 58
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

it's decent, it's based on the first season.

I checked it out as a fan of both anime and the show.
it does have it's own characters and sub plots, like most derivative works tend to.
word count: 39
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I see! I got into Supernatural later on in the series, so I don't know the first season well. That may make it more interesting for me or less interesting, depending on how much of the original you need to know.
word count: 42
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

That's crazy. :O I take it that since you called it an anime, it was made in Japan, correct? Is it in English? :O
word count: 25
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

MeowsePad wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 am That's crazy. :O I take it that since you called it an anime, it was made in Japan, correct? Is it in English? :O
I believe dad said it was in Japanese and in English, but I'm not 100% sure. I googled to be safe and for starters, it's literally called Supernatural: The Anime Series. It was on the CW in 2011, but you can still easily watch it on demand or some such.
word count: 86
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

Honestly shows like supernatural can do great things with animation given the freedom stuff like that allows.

japan far surpasses the states in this regard wince we mostly focused on live action and such and had a stigma against animated stuff for a long time deeming it kids stuff (the simpsons was one of the early shows to challenge this idea).

it's really too bad they didn't do more than a season of it.
but on the up side the actors reprised their roles voicing the characters.
word count: 89
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche