What got you into art?

Whether you want to talk about supplies or how you get inspired, this is the place to talk all things art!
Lex Luthor

What got you into art?

Post by Lex Luthor »

I did an art class back in high school and that's what kept me going mostly. I don't think it was something I wanted to pursue hence why I don't pick up a sketchbook anymore :(

What about you?
word count: 41
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I've always liked art and making it, although I never got very good. I think I grew to love it both thanks to great art teachers and also thanks to my father, who didn't just dote on me and say all my work was great. He taught me early on that I could improve by telling me the parts he liked and didn't like of my doodles. That made me want to work harder on them.
word count: 79
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 am I've always liked art and making it, although I never got very good. I think I grew to love it both thanks to great art teachers and also thanks to my father, who didn't just dote on me and say all my work was great. He taught me early on that I could improve by telling me the parts he liked and didn't like of my doodles. That made me want to work harder on them.
That's cool your dad was so honest!

I guess I mostly got into it in middle school. I think after I made friends with a fellow Sailor Moon fan. She was really good at drawing, and I started after that I think. I was horrid at first. What helped me the most was drawing from other pictures. Not tracing, but drawing them on my own.
word count: 154