Favorite Genre's to write in?

You're free to talk about anything writing related here. Talk plot, talk revision- literally anything related to writing!
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Genre's to write in?

Post by Megan »

What are your favorite genre's to write in? Fantasy? Science fiction? Romance? Something else?

I don't write too much these days out of role plays, but typically I'm more for fantasy. I sometimes will do a little of science fiction. And you'll usually find at least some romance in there.

How about you guys?
word count: 58
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I personally like to write In science fiction and occasionally science fantasy. Considering the stuff I'm Interested in it comes more naturally to me.
word count: 25
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Spook of the lost wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm I personally like to write In science fiction and occasionally science fantasy. Considering the stuff I'm Interested in it comes more naturally to me.
Oh yeah science fantasy can be fun too. I've done some role plays with that.
word count: 53
Spook of the lost

Oh yeah?
word count: 2
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Spook of the lost wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 pm Oh yeah?
Yeah, a few here and there.

I keep meaning to come up with a form of science fiction one. Lack of ideas right now.
word count: 38
Spook of the lost

Heh, that's funny because the real world is like the plot of some dark sci-fi horror story.

But there's a lot of good sci-fi roleplay stuff out there, heck once upon a time I used to lurk on a tron one. Unfortunately the idea of using the then new and popular vr as a way to directly access their world was considered no good.

Heh, now we really are using vr to access a crude vr cyberspace so it's kind of ironic.
word count: 87
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I haven't done a lot myself. Usually tend to go for fantasy over that. Though have had story ideas some years back mostly based off a dream. And used to make up stories when I was in middle school based on Voltron and some other stuff I was into then. XD
word count: 52