By hand or typing?

You're free to talk about anything writing related here. Talk plot, talk revision- literally anything related to writing!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

By hand or typing?

Post by Juneberry »

I know some people prefer to write by hand, while others prefer to type. I personally love the sound of my fingers on the keyboard, but I also don't write by hand much because I have horrendous handwriting. It's just not really my comfort zone, you know? I also like the ease of getting exact word counts and such that typing gives me.
word count: 65
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I honestly like both.

Something almost...romantic about writing stuff by hand. My hand starts to hurt after a bit though. I do find it easier sometimes to write stuff on the computer.
word count: 33
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I know people who write it on paper first, then type it up for revision. I'm already worried about writing postcards because I can barely read my own handwriting half the time xD
word count: 34
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Sometimes mine can get real messy. XD I can write neat if I want to and take my time, but who has time for that? XD
word count: 26
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Technically I should xD
word count: 4
Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

I prefer to type rather than write by hand. My handwriting is bad, and I feel that the ideas flow better for me as I type. xD I typically use Notepad++, though I do have Word installed. I probably should start using that instead, because when I post my work online there's strange spacing issues caused by Notepad++.
word count: 59
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Ravenfreak wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:54 am I prefer to type rather than write by hand. My handwriting is bad, and I feel that the ideas flow better for me as I type. xD I typically use Notepad++, though I do have Word installed. I probably should start using that instead, because when I post my work online there's strange spacing issues caused by Notepad++.
What kind of weird spacing? 'cause that can happen with all sorts of programs at times. You should see how Scrivener copy/paste ends up on DeviantART submission >< I totally get the flow being interrupted by pen and paper. It's probably because we think fast, but can't write fast as easily as we can when typing.
word count: 126
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

I definitely don't mind writing by hand when it's needed but I would say I prefer to type by a long shot. I'm a really fast typer and more or less it comes natural to me to type. My handwriting isn't terrible though. It's not half that bad. I know a lot of people write in cursive. I can write in cursive too minus certain letters that I forgot how to write. I learned cursive in the 1st or 2nd grade and it kind of stuck with me.
word count: 93
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

Type because I'm a cheapskate
word count: 6