Life without search engines

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
Lex Luthor

Life without search engines

Post by Lex Luthor »

What if search engines were not a thing?

How would that affect your Internet life? Do you think it'd affect it majorly?
word count: 23
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

It would effect me heavily because I use Google for all my research for my stories (which is why I hope no one ever goes through my search history!). That said, it wouldn't be the end of the world- I'd just have less time on the net because I'd be looking through encyclopedias and such more.
word count: 59
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

then I'd probably be spending most of my time browsing usenet, geocities, and BBS systems to gather information.

so it'd be very old school lol.
my personal site would still exist, and I'd probably spend way more time at the library when not perusing the pre-internet/early internet networks.

what you're asking is sorta like, what if a key component of the WWW was never imagined by the WWW consortium over at CERN when they designed the first Web Browsers on their NEXT cubes.

also! Don't forget about website rings!
in the age when Proper search engines didn't exist they were a huge way to direct traffic to clusters of websites which made up entire communities.
word count: 123
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jason5

Post by Jason5 »

It will be a 1000 or 10000 page book without an index LOL. It will be very tough to get to know things and get support. But it would make us to use a book, meet people and get things done.
word count: 41
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

I'd invent a search engine in that timeline so I could be living off that Google tier money.
word count: 19