What plugins do you use on your web browser?

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What plugins do you use on your web browser?

Post by Juneberry »

I know not all web browsers use plugins, but there are a few major ones that do, so I'm curious... For those of you who use a browser with plugins, which ones do you find the most useful? And if you don't, what plugins or abilities do you wish your browser had? Tell us your browser while you're in the process so we know if we might be able to use the plugin too!

I use google chrome and I could never live without OneTab. I also have a password reminder thing called Dashlane, but I don't really use it much surprisingly. OneTab, though... It's a plugin that condenses all your tabs into one tab (thus the name) to reopen at a later time. I tend to have ten or more tabs in multiple windows at a time, so being able to condense the window I don't need without losing my tabs potentially. It also lets me set certain sets as permanent vs. temporary storage, and I can name each grouping as I like and stuff. Anyway, it's pretty handy!
word count: 187
Darth-Apple

Post by Darth-Apple »

I use adblock, but I've got it turned off on a lot of websites. Generally only use it for intrusive websites that won't let you press the back button, give you 8 popups, make you click "OK" on some "you are the 1,000th visitor" nonsense. I don't even feel bad having adblock on those websites...

Besides that, none that I'm aware of.

Onetab sounds interesting. I tend to open a ton of tabs at once (sometimes multiple ones for one website), so I might have to look into it.
word count: 94
Makestation Forums - Creative arts community
Saturn-Moon.com - A modern day time capsule (under construction)
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

WhatFont on Google Chrone because sometimes I want to know what font is used on a web page and other details about it such as bold/italics, color and line height. I also have another profile with AdBlock but I don't use that profile much. I just keep it around in case there's a website that's loaded with ads.
word count: 62
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

Adblock Plus, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I may get more sometime.
word count: 14