Do you believe in a life after death?

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
TopSilver

Do you believe in a life after death?

Post by TopSilver »

Simply put do you just die or is there something more. Do you believe there is a life after death somehow? Personally I believe we got to Heaven. But share your thoughts. Where do you believe we go, what do you believe happens. Share with us.
word count: 46
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Interesting question! I believe that we do live on after we die, but I don't really believe in a Heaven or Hell. I believe our spirits live on on the Earth. I also have a quasi-belief in reincarnation.
word count: 40
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

Juneberry wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:54 am Interesting question! I believe that we do live on after we die, but I don't really believe in a Heaven or Hell. I believe our spirits live on on the Earth. I also have a quasi-belief in reincarnation.
I'm a Christian. I personally do believe in a life after death and I am one to believe the standard traditional beliefs. I also believe in reincarnation though. I don't think the bible speaks against that being possible. I've never seen anywhere in the bible where it doesn't say you can go to Heaven and can't also be reincarnated. That's pretty much my standing on it. I think you can come back to earth as well so I don't see why there couldn't be past-on people on the earth or even people who haven't past on.

Near death experiences seem to say there is a light and an end of a tunnel. I actually do believe that. Mainly because so many people have described their experience, it would be a bit crazy for me personally to think they were lying.
word count: 199
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

honestly I'm not sure, but the idea of a black void terrifies me. It's why I'm desperate to find eternal life/youth through science. Not enough time to do everything and explore the unknown.
as a side note, I was christian at one point but I've kinda chosen to be spiritual instead after having spent time studying a large number of other religions.

if there is an afterlife though, I hope it's one where I can explore reality and have access to all knowledge, otherwise I'd feel like it was all a waste.
word count: 99
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

Yes though if any religion or belief system has the correct one I can't entirely say
word count: 17