How do you go about planning a trip?

We can't always be on the computer- real life has a way of dragging you away, after all. That's why this forum is here- to talk all about it.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

How do you go about planning a trip?

Post by Juneberry »

I'll be going away from August 14th to August 22nd, and that leaves me about a month to prepare. I'm thinking of making a packing list, and that made me wonder... How do you guys plan for trips?
word count: 40
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Uh, well most I’ve done is day trips. I just pack whatever I think I’ll need.

Packing list could be helpful though so you don’t forget anything.
word count: 30
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I asked around and most people told me to just make my list a week before. I kinda wanna do it sooner, but I'm sure there's a logical reason not to... Maybe.
I can't remember the basic rules of packing for extended travel. I know I want to bring at least 3-4 days worth of clothes since it's eight days. I've already decided on a couple pieces, in fact. But since my memory sucks, I feel like writing the list slow and steady would help.

...I also need help with a project for him that doesn't really fit either category. It's kind of a mixture. I didn't think through what to do with such projects...
word count: 124
toetapping

Post by toetapping »

We have a list in the cupboard of jobs to do. Packing clothes a few days I start on my case. Have them in piles first off then pack a day before. I find if I pack the case then I am for ever unpacking to see if I have packed it.
word count: 52
Tagobs

Post by Tagobs »

My planning process looks something like this:
  • 6 months ahead: Singling out two-three destinations I would want to visit
  • 5 months ahead: Double-check that my passport is still valid
  • 3-6 months ahead: Regularly checking plane tickets at my preferred discount site (Kiwi.com), seeing if I can get a good deal somewhere
  • 3-6 months ahead: Order plane tickets
  • 3 months ahead: Start checking out maps of the place I'm visiting, and trying to get an impression of which neighborhood I'd like to stay in
  • 2 months ahead: Order an Airbnb-apartment (or in rare cases a hotel room)
  • 1 month ahead: Start planning what to do there, which attractions to visit, check if there are any events in the area while I'm there, if there are any special restaurants I should try out. Might order a travelling book.
  • 1 week ahead: Check if there's anything I need to purchase ahead of the trip
  • 2 days ahead: Start packing, first the things I know I'll need to have, then I double check with 1) an online packing list site and 2) whomever I'm traveling with so that I know I haven't forgotten anything.
  • On the day: Get to the airport a couple of hours in advance. Check how I get from the airport to where ever I am staying once I land.
word count: 232
Tori

Post by Tori »

TO be completely honest with you I don't really play trips. I never really gone on many. If we do go on a trip its mainly just me throwing a ton of shit in a bag and out the door we go XD
word count: 44
Tori Chic is the game
https://forum.torichic.club/index.php
First 50 Users Get an Elite userbar & Colored Name!
35 Spots left! Hurry

Wanna earn a few dollars?
http://forum.torichic.club/showthread.p ... 33#post433
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

Tori wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:06 pm TO be completely honest with you I don't really play trips. I never really gone on many. If we do go on a trip its mainly just me throwing a ton of shit in a bag and out the door we go XD
Yeah I'm the same way. I guess if I was going on a plane trip there would be a fair bit of planning I suppose. Though as for me if I ever go on a trip I just go where I'm headed. I haven't been on vacation in a while. I used to go to the Cherokee Valley in the north carolina mountains for camping trips and stuff. I also sometimes go to visit my folks near the beach but I don't really plan any of those trips. I've only been on a plane trip once in my entire life to Mexico in Cabo San Lucas. Was a fun time I suppose. I want to travel more places though. It's interesting I haven't gone many places in my life time.

A place I really want to travel is Bermuda.
word count: 199
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

TopSilver wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:40 am It's interesting I haven't gone many places in my life time.
I've traveled a fair bit, but I haven't been to many places either. I hope that changes someday, though.
word count: 43