What's on your resume?

We can't always be on the computer- real life has a way of dragging you away, after all. That's why this forum is here- to talk all about it.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's on your resume?

Post by Juneberry »

I don't know what got me thinking about it, but recently I've been thinking about work and something that helps you get work: a resume. I've worked on mine before, but I've always had issues with figuring out what to write! Things like skills- what counts as a skill? Schooling- can I give them any explanation of why I didn't graduate high school? Do I include all three I went to to avoid failing?

That's why I decided to ask you guys. Don't get too into the personal stuff, but lets talk about the skills you included, the hardest part of making one... I just wanna talk about them for some reason!
word count: 119
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

Mine is plain. I list my certifications, then my job experience and some of the duties associated with it. I don't follow the normal route of putting skills and numbers. I can do anything if you put it in front of me, so I'm not going to limit myself to skills listed. I do note experience, because that part is important for many. Overall, I do just enough to get the interview, then hopefully I impress enough from there.
word count: 81