Quotes

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quotes

Post by Juneberry »

I know, the title sounds more like it belongs in the writing section, but I think there are plenty of quotes that pertain to other art forms as well. Heck, some are inspiring for creating things without being about either! So, share your quotes- whether they be from a famous person, yourself, or someone you know. Share all the quotes you want! I promise, at least one person wants to see them!

Here's a few of my favorites:

"When science and magic cross paths, a story is born." - A Certain Magical Index

"Life is a team sport." - My aunt

Goals high, expectations low." - Also my aunt.

"The best part about becoming an adult is you've gotten really good at being a kid." - My teacher when I turned 18. (I may have butchered it- I didn't write it down ten years ago, sadly.)
word count: 145
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

“We know you’re strong, but accepting help is its own kind of strength.” - Lucy - “The Guard” -
word count: 17
Tagobs

Post by Tagobs »

A couple from my favorite philosopher.
Ludwig Wittgenstein wrote:A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push
Ludwig Wittgenstein wrote:Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.
word count: 51
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Albert Einstien -
word count: 11
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

I always have this in my signature I think you would like it.

"Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's basically a quote that I live by because my life has been very difficult and hard. It's not easy for me to live my life as it is for some people. My life has been basically a path where there is no trail. The trail is something I must create on my own. That's why I like this quote.
word count: 98
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

TopSilver wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 am I always have this in my signature I think you would like it.

"Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's basically a quote that I live by because my life has been very difficult and hard. It's not easy for me to live my life as it is for some people. My life has been basically a path where there is no trail. The trail is something I must create on my own. That's why I like this quote.
You're right, I do like that quote! I'm going to have to write it down in my quotes area of my journal/planner. I'm sorry to hear your life is difficult- but sometimes the difficulty in life has a purpose, I think, and most of all, dealing with your hardships is part of what makes you who you are.
word count: 169
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

Juneberry wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:22 am
TopSilver wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 am I always have this in my signature I think you would like it.

You're right, I do like that quote! I'm going to have to write it down in my quotes area of my journal/planner. I'm sorry to hear your life is difficult- but sometimes the difficulty in life has a purpose, I think, and most of all, dealing with your hardships is part of what makes you who you are.
I completely agree with you. I am a Christian myself. God has got me through the hardest of turmoil and times. It seems overcoming my struggle will at least give me the pride to know that I am loved by God and never alone in it. Personally I've been getting better from my issue recently and that has given me a lot of happiness. That quote is something I've been putting in my signature since I was about 16 years old. Currently I'm 29 years old.
word count: 267
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

“Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” - Christopher Reeve -
word count: 9
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
word count: 15