Photos, design, the occasional edit.

Share all your lovely art here! Whether it's traditional or digital, it's all welcome here!
Spook of the lost

Photos, design, the occasional edit.

Post by Spook of the lost »

so I do take pictures a lot, but sometimes I like to design stuff on paper for projects or do some photo manipulation on the computer.
I am not a pro, nor do I intend to ever become one, however I do have some stuff I've managed to do over the years, I'm thinking of sharing some of it here.

so here's what I consider my best work of photo manipulation.

I pulled the original image off a webcam looking over my home city, and did some lighting changes, as well as changed the sky and stuff to look like it's literally on another world.

this one I did a bit later, inspired by the Halo series I wanted to try one where it's based on a ringworld.

I'll see about pulling some of my design work later since most of that is IRL drawn and not scanned in unless I do a 3D model mock up from it for fitting and design purposes like cases and such to be 3D printed.
word count: 178
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

These are really good, Spook! I'm in awe!
word count: 9
Spook of the lost

thank you, I tried my best to make them feel real rather than a simple edit, because of that I did a lot of work with getting the color of stuff to match the sky somewhat, and give a realistic atmospheric effect, as well as finding a picture at the right time of day for the first one was especially tricky, but I happened to catch one early in the morning that seemed to match the sun direction in the image.

it's supposed to be a moon orbiting a gas planet around alpha centauri, a trinary star system next door.
word count: 101
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I can tell you put a lot of work into it. I'm both proud and jealous x3
word count: 18
Spook of the lost

so I've been kinda struggling with this for a while, wanted to design a logo and signature that's my own rather than just the traditional signature.

Seeing as I'm Spook of the lost, or SpookyZalost.

I finally came up with this.

it's simple but straightforward and unique.

and the best part, per one of my IRL friends who gave me some good advice, it's something I could quickly draw as a signature.

just a bubble letter Z and S at right angles overlaid on top of each other.

would make an excellent button or patch too! :lol:

also it sorta looks like an hourglass which is cool for coolness sake.
word count: 114
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I really like it! I didn't quite catch the Z somehow, but I definitely see the hourglass! It makes me wanna make a logo for myself too. But how do I mix a J and an R...?
word count: 38
Spook of the lost

that's a good question.

my first thought is the traditional cursive since that mixes the letters in a fancy way

but I'm sure there's tons of ways to come up with creative logos.

hell one of my early logo ideas was to use the cursive Z which looks nothing like one lol.
word count: 55