What was your childhood dream?

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What was your childhood dream?

Post by Juneberry »

Children are amazing, aren't they? They have such bright imaginations and can come up with some interesting goals for their futures- and this goes for teens too, sometimes. So, look back to when you were a kid or a young teen... What do you remember wanting to be when you'd grow up?

I wanted to be a teacher, personally. Instead, I'm an editor- but I mean, that means I can use some teaching skills to talk to authors about errors they make frequently and such, right? I really wanted to teach special needs though... Because I was a special needs child, and I really admired my teachers in my special needs classes. :)
word count: 115
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 am Children are amazing, aren't they? They have such bright imaginations and can come up with some interesting goals for their futures- and this goes for teens too, sometimes. So, look back to when you were a kid or a young teen... What do you remember wanting to be when you'd grow up?

I wanted to be a teacher, personally. Instead, I'm an editor- but I mean, that means I can use some teaching skills to talk to authors about errors they make frequently and such, right? I really wanted to teach special needs though... Because I was a special needs child, and I really admired my teachers in my special needs classes. :)
I wanted to be a special ed teacher at one point. And a regular teacher. But special ed, because I was in special ed and well, I knew how it felt and stuff. Also for a short while wanted to do child care. That was extremely short lived. I don't think I could now. Kids irritate the heck outta me. At one point also wanted to write.
word count: 192
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:04 pm I wanted to be a special ed teacher at one point. And a regular teacher. But special ed, because I was in special ed and well, I knew how it felt and stuff. Also for a short while wanted to do child care. That was extremely short lived. I don't think I could now. Kids irritate the heck outta me. At one point also wanted to write.
I still love kids, but I don't think I'd handle being a teacher well, unless it was more one on one tutoring. I totally wouldn't mind being a tutor... But editing is where most of my skills lie, along with writing.
word count: 121
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

I wanted to be a superhero. Every night I used to wish for super powers, hoping a falling star would pass by while I made the wish. Yup, I used to believe in those types of things. It never came true though, otherwise you'd see a masked man flying around and kicking butt on the news by now.
word count: 59
Jason5

Post by Jason5 »

My childhood dream was to be a drummers player but i didn't pursue it and i lost the interest now. Wish i had take up drumming classes and join a band
word count: 32
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

To Travel Off world and explore strange new places.
not to orbit but other planets, moons, new worlds to explore, that was my dream.

I grew up reading HG wells, Juels vern, and watching startrek so that had a pretty big influence.
combine that with staying up at night to see not one but two comets, and getting the chance to look through an observatory telescope and well... it was very formative.
word count: 72
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Bulletproof Phoenix wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:22 am My childhood dream is and still is to be a children's author.
I had to write a short children's book in a creative writing class in middle school once. It was fun. I can see why you might want to. Have you gotten to work on your first story yet?
word count: 62
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

That sounds like a really fun idea! If you ever need help, let me know. I'd love to find some way to contribute, even if it's just cheering you on from the sidelines~
word count: 35
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I agree, that sounds cool!
word count: 5
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

My childhood dream was to be a basketball player but that never happened. Mainly because I never embraced that passion in school. I also remember telling my 1st grade teacher I wanted to be a fireman but I'd rather be a web developer these days.
word count: 46