What would you do if you won the lottery?

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

I'd donate quite a bit to charity, and spend a chunk on my friends and family. The rest, I'd invest and spend wisely over the years.

I'd still work, but probably only part-time (so that I'm not bored, rather than for the money).
word count: 48

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I'd buy some land near me and build my dream workspace then proceeded to work on a mech.
word count: 19
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
James

Post by James »

If I work 1 million, I think I'd honestly still work at my normal job. It would totally be enough to pay off any debt, and then buy a moderate sized house for a family you'd expect to have (or currently have). I don't think that I'd go crazy though like I feel like a lot of people would do (buy all brand new cars, huge homes, etc). since they always seem to go broke (not sure if you guys have watched the show on TLC about those who won and what happened to them after. Some are good, some are bad.).
word count: 106
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

I would never win the lottery because I never play it. However, hypothetically, I would try to take care of my family and others in my life who are in need. I would also like to use some of the money to make a positive difference for people. You know, after I buy an awesome PC and trade in my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT on a 2020 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid.
word count: 72
Nilla

Post by Nilla »

I'd most likely tell my fiance he can retire and then we'd go buy our own house. Then I'd probably go travel and go to another Elton John concert. :P
word count: 32
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Nilla wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 pm I'd most likely tell my fiance he can retire and then we'd go buy our own house. Then I'd probably go travel and go to another Elton John concert. :P
Dude, you'd probably go to dozens of em. :roll: And buy me ferrets. :lol:
word count: 54
Nilla

Post by Nilla »

Megan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Nilla wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 pm I'd most likely tell my fiance he can retire and then we'd go buy our own house. Then I'd probably go travel and go to another Elton John concert. :P
Yes I would. Why would I waste my money on dooks?
word count: 74
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

so update, same as before, but instead of building a mech, I think I would actually like to open a makerspace/hackerspace, because that way I can help educate the people in my area regarding technology and reduce the over all fear and "not technical" statements.
word count: 46
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
toetapping

Post by toetapping »

Travel more
word count: 2
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Nilla wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:18 pm
Megan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Yes I would. Why would I waste my money on dooks?
Ferrets are never a waste. :P
word count: 88