What would you do if you won the lottery?

Come here to talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Lex Luthor

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Post by Lex Luthor »

That's a lot of money.

I'm wondering what you guys/gals will do if somehow you lucked out and won the lottery. Let's say it's around 1-6 million USD.

I'd probably look into buying a house or land somewhere nice, invest a little, give some away to family and save the rest. When more money starts rolling back into my bank account if my investments turn out fine, I'd probably buy stuff I'd use for fun like video games, cosplay uniforms, etc.
word count: 90
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I'd start by investing some or hiding it away. With the remainder I would start by getting my and my father's health in order, then find a new place to live, preferably own. Once I've made myself and my family healthier and sheltered, I'd have to think about what is most important to invest in next.
word count: 60
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I'd buy millions of ferrets!

But in all seriousness, I'd maybe help my family with stuff, then maybe anything I need, put a bunch in the bank. Ya know boring stuff.
word count: 33
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 am I'd buy millions of ferrets!
That reminds me, I'd probably get a pet dog or something and figure out how to train it to smell things for me since I can't tell if things go bad and such.
word count: 50
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:40 am
Megan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 am I'd buy millions of ferrets!
That reminds me, I'd probably get a pet dog or something and figure out how to train it to smell things for me since I can't tell if things go bad and such.
Awww, that sounds cool!
word count: 63
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

Megan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 amthen maybe anything I need
"Need" as in essentials or "want" as in stuff to enjoy yourself?
Juneberry wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:40 amto smell things for me since I can't tell if things go bad and such.
Assuming it's 'buy' products, can't you just check the expiry date?
word count: 62
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Lex Luthor wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 am
Juneberry wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:40 amto smell things for me since I can't tell if things go bad and such.
A lot of things can go bad before or after their expiration date depending on the way it's fridge and such. Cheese and stuff lasts in my fridge much longer than it's supposed to because of the temperature we keep it at. The fact that there are ways to speed up and slow down the process makes it hard to go based solely on the date. I've had milk going bad a week early and found out after getting sick drinking it. Dad sniffed it- it didn't look at all bad- but it was clearly souring in the smell.
word count: 150
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Megan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 amthen maybe anything I need
"Need" as in essentials or "want" as in stuff to enjoy yourself?
Knowing me, a little of both. XD
Juneberry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:50 am
A lot of things can go bad before or after their expiration date depending on the way it's fridge and such. Cheese and stuff lasts in my fridge much longer than it's supposed to because of the temperature we keep it at. The fact that there are ways to speed up and slow down the process makes it hard to go based solely on the date. I've had milk going bad a week early and found out after getting sick drinking it. Dad sniffed it- it didn't look at all bad- but it was clearly souring in the smell.
Yeah I know they saw some things like eggs are okay for longer. For me it depends what it is. Milk, nope. Won't do that.
word count: 227
Lammchen

Post by Lammchen »

I have a lot of family members who need financial assistance so I'd take care of them first. Second would be my best friends from high school that I still keep in touch with after all these years and could also use some cash.

I'm not sure I would want anything new except a new kitchen floor LOL I'm not really into material things.
word count: 67
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Lammchen wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:59 pm I have a lot of family members who need financial assistance so I'd take care of them first. Second would be my best friends from high school that I still keep in touch with after all these years and could also use some cash.

I'm not sure I would want anything new except a new kitchen floor LOL I'm not really into material things.
I love this answer. It's wonderful that you like to take care of people, but remember to take care of yourself too!
word count: 99