Re: New Host

Announcements regarding updates on any part of the site will be found here.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Host

Post by Juneberry »

Okay guys, now that our move to Caludin is complete (thanks again to [mention]Megan[/mention] for hosting for us!), here's a few simple updates and notes.

1. You should be able to log in with your previous username and password.
2. We've lost some posts, such as the host related update. That's okay! We'll just rebuild!
3. Certain things are not working the same, most notably the icons for post status (i.e. new posts in forums, etc.). I don't know how to adjust this yet. I'll work with Megan to figure that out soon.
4. A lot of plugins need updating- I don't know if this a movement issue or a fluke. Unfortunately, my computer problems involve having virtually no space. However, I will try to download the plugins to install or find another way to update them. Stay tuned!

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, guys. I know this was very sudden. I appreciate you guys sticking with me through this. :)
word count: 172
Yumika

Post by Yumika »

(I had to re-register. I'll repost my posts from yesterday real quick. :3)

Added to my bookmarks. ^^

I was very sorry to hear about this, but I understand. I'm very "old school", meaning I don't want or need any social media garbage in my life. Forums are among the few outlets that still give you a sense of security.

As for the glitches, I did notice a login prompt forced on me when I would check for new posts. I recommend you get a free SSL like Let's Encrypt. Your host should be able to provide that.
word count: 102
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Yumika wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:17 am (I had to re-register. I'll repost my posts from yesterday real quick. :3)

Added to my bookmarks. ^^

I was very sorry to hear about this, but I understand. I'm very "old school", meaning I don't want or need any social media garbage in my life. Forums are among the few outlets that still give you a sense of security.

As for the glitches, I did notice a login prompt forced on me when I would check for new posts. I recommend you get a free SSL like Let's Encrypt. Your host should be able to provide that.
I have no idea why that happened! Thank you for letting me know both of things. I'll bug Megan about the SSL...and maybe find out what one is. :'D
word count: 142
Yumika

Post by Yumika »

For sure! XD
word count: 3
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

[mention]Yumika[/mention]
I checked in with Megan and there's already an SSL on the site. I still don't fully understand what it does, but I know she does, and she confirmed it was there. Are there any other possibilities of why that happened?
word count: 46
Yumika

Post by Yumika »

My browser is saying it's not showing a secure provider. Do you have cPanel access, and if so, AutoSSL?
word count: 20
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I have access to the control panel, but I don't know if that's what cPanel is. I'll have to do more research. >w<
word count: 26
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:48 am I have access to the control panel, but I don't know if that's what cPanel is. I'll have to do more research. >w<
I checked in CPanel and the SSL is active on this site.
word count: 47
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

Thanks for the update :) .

I'm glad to report that I signed in just fine!
word count: 15

#ForzaJules 1989-2015