What To Expect This Month and How to Help

Announcements regarding updates on any part of the site will be found here.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What To Expect This Month and How to Help

Post by Juneberry »

It's been a long time since I've worked with the FTP server and layouts, but I intend to change the main theme (like, aesthetically) at some point this month. Add-ons will slowly be added to the new layout when I've decided on one. That said, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on certain things, including:

1. What color scheme would you prefer, if you have a preference? Depending on the preferences of the members, I'll adjust my range in search of a site theme that fits the preferences of the majority. If you don't have one, please tell me that too- or show me to a theme you feel would fit.

2. What add-ons would you like to see implemented on this site? Any features brought up will be looked into. I have certain ones I plan to include no matter what, such as the mention add-on, but if you know of any phpBB add-ons you think would suit this place, I want your input!

3. If you have ideas for any forums, subforums or reorganizing, please share that with me too! I will work on that while working on the theme, assuming I get some responses.

I'll be waiting two weeks (until March 20th) for your input and thoughts. Please let me know before then, so I can implement everything together over the end of the month. :)
word count: 240
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

Looking forward to it!

I don't have much input on it, but I will say I am usually not a fan of too bright/white themes. The current one is light, but still not so bright its glaring. Just don't got too bright. :D
word count: 45
Kyng

Post by Kyng »

1. Since the name of the board is "Juneberry's Jungle"... green. Lots of green :P . (Current theme is nice, but perhaps a little *too* white)

Can't really comment on #2, since I don't really know phpBB add-ons, and I won't comment on #3 since I'm happy with the current board layout.
word count: 56

#ForzaJules 1989-2015
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

Kyng wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:58 pm 1. Since the name of the board is "Juneberry's Jungle"... green. Lots of green :P .
I think that work very well. I'm a fan.
word count: 34
Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak »

Yes I definitely agree, the new theme should have lots of green. :) I wouldn't mind seeing a dark theme as well. Forum ranks will look good too. ;)
word count: 28
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Thank you for all the input so far, guys! Keep it coming! I'll be starting to look into themes in the next couple days (have to remember where xD) as I plan on making the rank images myself... which will take a lot of fiddling to get the sizing right, so expect the time I'm actually doing everything here for things to look a little out of sorts at first. I'll get it as spic and span as possible as quickly as I can though! :3
word count: 89
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Theme, I’m good with anything. As for add one I can’t think of any right now.
word count: 18
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I believe I've found and decided on a theme based on everyone's input. It wasn't my first choice based on it, but the others weren't supported properly on our version of phpBB. I have it pretty much all set up, but I'll wait until the 20th to switch us to it. As for add-ons, I looked at a lot that seemed interesting, but I'll import those slowly over time. :) Keep giving me your input though, guys. I can always switch the theme I've chosen before the 20th if it doesn't fit! :3
word count: 101
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

Hopefully we can get everything working on the new skin that you chose. XD
word count: 14
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

At least I got the affiliates working when I tested it thanks to you :3
word count: 15