Site Currency

Every so often, the management will request user input on site-based topics. Please feel free to give your two cents- or more!

Should we have a site currency?

Yes
33%
No
33%
Maybe
33%

Total votes: 3
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Currency

Post by Juneberry »

I know a lot of sites that use site currency (such as Love on meowsepad.org). This can be used for a lot of things, including making a small site shop for special features like name changes... But what if we make a marketplace for everyone to share their skills with others that might need it? It could be a great system if we all work on the specifics of how it's used. And that's why I'm making this poll.

That said, please comment no matter what option you go with. I want to hear all your thoughts! Whether it's a name for the currency, ways we can use it, or reasons we shouldn't use it. I want to know anything that comes to mind!
word count: 130
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I think it actually would fit quite well for here. I like the idea of the usual name changes and stuff, but I really like the whole marketplace thing. Especially since it could be used a lot with art and stuff.

As for a name I'd try to go with the jungle theme. Maybe leaf's?
word count: 57
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Yeah, I was really thinking the marketplace could be a fun way to exchange services for fun. I'm hopeful more people will respond with their input though before I go for it. I want everyone to be happy with it if we go for it, after all!
word count: 48
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

A currency is always neat, but sometimes it's best to decide what it will be used for before adding it and if it's worth having as a result. :O
word count: 31
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I was mostly thinking it could be used for people to exchange services with points rather than actual money, which wouldn't be reasonable in my mind. ^^; It's more of a future idea, since we don't have many (active) members yet.
word count: 43
Nerdface

Post by Nerdface »

I generally dislike forum currencies, as they tend to add little value to a community other than features that are readily available to use on other websites.

That being said, it sounds like you have an idea where you could use it for art and other services which I'm not totally against.. 8-)
word count: 53
Nerdface
No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Things look very uncertain so far, but I'm super loving your feedback. I love that you're giving me detailed reasons~ It makes me have more to think about, which is honestly awesome~
word count: 34