How do you play yours?

Whether it's a board game or a video game, you can talk about it here.

Which platforms do you primarily play your games on right now?

PS4
16%
Xbox One
3%
Nintendo Switch
6%
PC
19%
iOS / Android
13%
PS3
13%
Xbox 360
6%
Nintendo Wii
13%
Other (please state)
10%

Total votes: 31
Nerdface

How do you play yours?

Post by Nerdface »

Which platforms do you primarily play your games on right now?

Please feel free to change your vote(s) as your gaming habits change! :geek:
word count: 24
Nerdface
No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

While I mostly play on my android and computer, I still have urges to play on my Wii, Xbox and Playstation- mostly because I have games that can only be played on those that I truly love.
word count: 37
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

Depends on what platform the game I want to play is on.
RN I've been playing ecco in my spare time which is on my sega genesis however last weekend I played both watchdogs games which I have on PS4.
and mirrors edge is on Xbox 360 with it's sequel on PS4.

I will say this though.
I prefer the SNES/Playstation Controller config over the Sega dreamcast/Microsoft one as far as modern configs go.

and as for the wii...
sonic and the secret rings... need I say more? lol.
word count: 93
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

PC is the only way to go. It's the most open platform (at least until Microsoft gets its way) and allows you to use one machine for all your needs. It also allows modding and custom content with relative ease. Contrary to popular opinion, it's really not too expensive either. You can easily create a budget build for the price of a console, and again, that one machine will do everything.
word count: 73
Spook of the lost

idk, there's always new solutions coming out all the time like FPGA's have become a great alternative to emulators since they can accurately mimic original hardware.

consoles are great because you don't need to constantly upgrade them like PC's, I honestly don't think it's going to matter soon unless you're on the cutting edge of gaming like VR, Holographics, 4K/8K etc, because the hardware is reaching some theoretical limits that make upgrading kinda pointless from a gaming perspective.

I honestly feel like a generation or two more and consoles will reach that same limit unless VR takes off in a big way.
plus things are moving towards non local hardware solutions lately too such as google's stadia.
word count: 126
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I bounce around honestly. Most often I play some of the older systems like Sega CD, Playstation, Snes. But I also play the newer ones like PS4 and Switch.
word count: 29
Nerdface

Post by Nerdface »

MeowsePad wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:43 am PC is the only way to go. It's the most open platform (at least until Microsoft gets its way) and allows you to use one machine for all your needs. It also allows modding and custom content with relative ease. Contrary to popular opinion, it's really not too expensive either. You can easily create a budget build for the price of a console, and again, that one machine will do everything.
I've never been a PC gamer, primarily because of compatibility issues. Admittedly they're far less than what they used to be, but trying to get some older games to play on a modern OS can still be problematic..

I also prefer using a controller and sitting in comfort on my sofa. I know you can technically do both of these with PC's, but more often than not people have them set up at a desk and use their mouse & keyboard.
word count: 165
Nerdface
No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.
Spook of the lost

@ Nerdface.

I know the compatibility issues well lol.
I've mimir for that after all :lol:

one of these days when everything is properly situated I really need to post a picture of my setup... it's kinda crazy.
word count: 38
Aeowulf

Post by Aeowulf »

PC and PS4.

Well, and PS3.
word count: 6
MofaMF

Post by MofaMF »

Top 4 for me.

PC for serious gaming.
Switch for my Nintendo drug, we all have it right?
JRPGs on PS4 as i like to chill and get into the story whilst playing these.
Xbox only for Gears of War though.
word count: 41