Games you can't stand

Whether it's a board game or a video game, you can talk about it here.
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

MMORPG's for me.

I liked BSG online because playing as a Cylon was fun but stuff like WoW, Everquest, Eve, etc.

stuff with hours and hours of grinding to me is no fun with some notable exceptions (see aforementioned BSG game).

I don't mind grinding as a concept, but not when you need to spend several hours a day, for months, just to get anywhere and have to work with other people to do it.

I'm a solo gamer all the way :P

the X series of games come closest to the tediousness of MMORPG's as far as single player games go imo.
but there's enough to do that it keeps it interesting like solving puzzles, random encounters, going on missions etc, that trying to get that last bit of rare mineral from asteriod mining to buy that ship you want is secondary to everything else going on.

note: the X series are real time space combat, Exploration, Trading, etc games where you get to pick, modify, and utilize a large variety of ships... provided you earn the resources for them.

See: Freelancer, Rebel Galaxy, Etc.
word count: 190
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
MofaMF

Post by MofaMF »

Kyng wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:27 am Anything that gives you a choice of: grind for hours, or pay money to skip the grinding. I don't have any time for that these days >_< ...
Haha, totally agree with this Kyng.

I just cannot get into this 'new era' of gaming. I would rather play on my own than pay for a new t-shirt!
word count: 66