Do you sing?

Want to share your playlist or to talk about your favorite jams? If it's about music, this is its home!
Lammchen

Do you sing?

Post by Lammchen »

Music has always been a big part of my life and singing has been just as important. 2 years ago I found out I had cancer on my tongue (I've never smoked and don't drink) and I had to have surgery to remove part of my tongue. I was devastated and worried about singing. I'm back at it even though at times I'm self conscious that my tongue isn't all there. Not many people can tell though.

If you sing, what type of music do you like to sing to? I sing at church but love opera!
word count: 102
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I've always loved singing, and the types of songs vary in my case between foreign music and whatever I've memorized off youtube at this point. I took vocal lessons as a young teen, and was always in choir at schools that had it. :) I just love to sing in general, no matter what the song.
word count: 57
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I do karaoke weekly as a way to relax.
word count: 9
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Spook of the lost wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm I do karaoke weekly as a way to relax.
Is it 'at home' or like a karaoke bar?
word count: 30
Lex Luthor

Post by Lex Luthor »

I'm pretty sure if I tried to sing, glass would break. So nope, I wouldn't sing :(
word count: 18
Spook of the lost

Juneberry wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:12 pm
Spook of the lost wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:08 pm I do karaoke weekly as a way to relax.
Is it 'at home' or like a karaoke bar?
Karaoke bar, I do a lot of def Leppard and black Sabbath
word count: 51
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I like to sing to whatever I happen to be listening to sometimes.
word count: 13
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

I was in choir when I was still in school. I also took voice lessons and participated in a choir outside school when I was younger. However, I think that I damaged my voice somehow because I can't sing very well at all anymore.
word count: 45
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

MeowsePad wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 am However, I think that I damaged my voice somehow because I can't sing very well at all anymore.
I don't know how to damage your voice, but I do know I hate how I sound too when I'm not in the shower or someplace else with great acoustics. :'D
word count: 61
Spook of the lost

if it helps any, as I got older my voice dropped so I learned a technique called hybrid vocals which allowed me to strengthen my voice, both in power and range.

might be worth looking into
word count: 36