Music while working?

Want to share your playlist or to talk about your favorite jams? If it's about music, this is its home!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Music while working?

Post by Juneberry »

Do you find playing music helps or hinders you when you're doing a task? It can be doing chores, doing your job or anything else- when do you find music helpful versus not helpful?

I find music helps me at points when I'm writing, but only at times. I have times where I need total silence to work. Chores, however, are usually always easier with music or TV on. The only 'chore' I can't have any sound during is getting my meds put together to take. I make a ton of mistakes when there's noise while I'm doing that.
word count: 104
Jason5

Post by Jason5 »

I listen to music if i need to take a decision regarding my online projects. It really helps me to focus and make good decision.
word count: 25
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Oh? That's quite interesting! I should try that. I'm a terribly indecisive person.
word count: 15
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I usually am listening to music. Whether or not I'm working. Some music is real nice to work to though. I used to especially like the Chrono Cross and Inuyasha soundtracks for that.

Though depending on the work and the music sometimes it can be distracting.
word count: 47
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I usually listen to steampunk, dark country, power metal, or synthwave when I'm working, both at my job and on my projects.
I find it helps me more easily enter a working state of mind if I'm not thinking about today but about a different tomorrow.
word count: 48
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
MofaMF

Post by MofaMF »

Real music definitely hinders me whilst working. However, gaming music in the background seems to make me moire productive!
word count: 19
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

Music is definitely something that I personally enjoy. I don't find it hinders me from a task at all. I usually am able to get along with what I'm doing just fine to an extent. Sometimes it does keep me from focusing depending on what type of music it is. I like rap and rock and heavy metal. Without music the world would be more lost than they already are. It has a way to soothe the soul or give it an up-beat. There are many gifts that come with listening to music. Kind of like the birds singing. It helps with understanding yourself a lot better.
word count: 110
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

Depends on my mood. In college I used to blast whole albums and just zone out while working on papers. I could get the same amount done in a couple hours that took some people a month that way.
word count: 39
CherryBlossom

Post by CherryBlossom »

I listen to music mostly BTS when I working on my stories because it helps me focus more on the story.
word count: 21
^Borders and text added by me^
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I frequently listen to music when I'm working. I find trance or metal is great when I have to input a lot of data and helps me get stuff done faster. I can kinda zone out and focus on the work reaching my max typing speed, usually to the shock of those around me.
word count: 55
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche