What smartphone do you own?

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
Lex Luthor

What smartphone do you own?

Post by Lex Luthor »

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 for myself I think last year. It's lasted me through thick and thin so far. Thing even fell on the floor and took the hit like a champ. No scratches or anything, which I'm surprised at. I had one of those tough glass screen protectors tho.

What smartphone do you use? Are you planning to upgrade in 2019 if it's an old phone?
word count: 72
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

My phone is an Alcatel Raven. It runs on Android 7.1.1. I'm surprised with all the times I've dropped it since getting it last year that it survives on and keeps doing its best for me.

I'm not likely going to get an upgrade, but that's because it's expensive and I have to focus on tracfone only. I also don't need a new phone as long as this one works fine. :)
word count: 79
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

iPhone 7 plus for me. It took me a while to get used to the size, but I like it. Probably won't upgrade at all unless I need to. My old one which was an SE I killed in the wash. XD
word count: 43
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Megan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 pm iPhone 7 plus for me. It took me a while to get used to the size, but I like it. Probably won't upgrade at all unless I need to. My old one which was an SE I killed in the wash. XD
I did that with one of my earlier brick phones. xD
word count: 63
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:52 pm
Megan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:11 pm iPhone 7 plus for me. It took me a while to get used to the size, but I like it. Probably won't upgrade at all unless I need to. My old one which was an SE I killed in the wash. XD
I did that with one of my earlier brick phones. xD
I was so upset over it. I had forgotten it was in my pocket.
word count: 86
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

I currently have a Moto X4, Alexa eddition.
it has 3 separate assistants lol.

but I like it, it's super handy and has dual 12mp cameras :P
word count: 27
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
MeowsePad

Post by MeowsePad »

I own an LG Stylo 4. It's a huge upgrade over my Stylo 3. It's fast and has a surprisingly decent battery life for such a cheap phone. My only complaint is that it uses USB-C, which is kind of a nuisance considering I had a ton of Micro USB cords lying around. I'm still slowly acquiring more USB-C cords so that I'm not stuck without a place to charge my phone. xD
word count: 79
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

@ MeowsePad: have you installed any USB wall sockets yet?

I've put a few in my house so I don't need wall warts to charge my phone lol.
word count: 29
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jason5

Post by Jason5 »

I own iPhone 8 64GB version. It is compact and very easy to use. I love iOS so i chose the iPhone.
word count: 22
bharath

Post by bharath »

I had VIVO 1803 android that works more faster than my old intex mobile which was only 1 GB RAM. I am satisfied with my current android and will use until it lasts for life. I don't have much money this time for buying a new mobile since want to build my home.
In these days smart phones have became more terrific and addictive to youngsters that changes their life into selfies.
word count: 73