What do you believe it will be like in the future? Year 3,000 for example

Come here to talk all things computers, gadgets, internet and then some!
TopSilver

What do you believe it will be like in the future? Year 3,000 for example

Post by TopSilver »

Share with us your belief on what it will be like in the future. Year 3,000 as an example.

Let's here what you think it will look like.
word count: 30
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

hmm, I think before the year 3000 a few thing are going to happen.

first, humanity is going to try to build colonies (next couple hundred years).
during that time civilization on earth will collapse, at least partially if not completely. (cause unknown, too many to count, environmental, political, resource shortages, etc.).
so while civilization on earth rebuilds the colonies will become their own independent entities.

by the year 3000 technology will have changed a bit, bio engineering will be common, to the point that humans will directly control life both on and off earth and how it develops and adapts to the new climates and environments arising from a mixture of environmental change and artificially generated regions designed to help balance and restore stuff.

mammoths will return as hybrids with elephants, food will be a mixture of grown, cultured, and 3D printed, energy fields will be a thing, as will cheap bio-degradable batteries with insanely high energy densities allowing new technologies like cheap flying vehicles, electric aircraft etc to become common.

power will be generated via a mixture of wind, space solar, and tidal harnesses, to the point that the sun will be surrounded by helio-stationary satellites beaming power back to earth.

electromagnetic catapults and space elevators will be the main methods for sending stuff into orbit, with elevators and parachute capsules allowing transit back to the ground.

asteroid mining will be the main source of minerals due to the increasing difficulties mining on earth, this will also reduce pollution heavily because between the lack of need for fossil fuels and with orbital manufacturing what is made will likely be easily contained/removed from the planet.

I don't think we'll have FTL travel but there will likely be a few colonies in nearby systems like tau ceti, proxima centauri, and epsilon eridani which house potential earth like planet candidates.

beyond that though I can only guess, though common genetic engineering and cybernetics combined with computers utilizing a quantum sub-processor to speed up calculations are safe bets.

also the discovery of non intelligent life on other planets, moons, etc, both in the solar system and outside it is also a good probable guess.
word count: 368
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
TopSilver

Post by TopSilver »

I personally think evil people will be too many for the earth to handle anymore. Probably God will make an appearance and Jesus will return to earth to rapture the Christians. It probably won't be for a few hundred years though and I think so much will change to give people time to find their salvation. In my opinion these are the end times. Not much can survive much longer but I believe considering all the change that could happen within the net 20-30 years it may be possible that things could handle themselves for around 250-300 years. After that I can't see much else surviving. Only because there's so much corruption and people will get out of control like other countries for example with nuclear weapons. There basically has to be some type of intervention. If not by God then by an alien race who would find us and want to help us out. Someone would have to assist humans after that amount of time. We seem to always find our way but that's a long time. What I envision is a great change where more people find jesus then they have been recently. It still won't weed out killers and rapist and stuff like that. Those kinds of people will still be around but after a while they'll be so many of those types of people there won't be much else to say about it except our civilization will need help. Mainly has to do with what children our exposed to and how children have been growing up recently. I mean there are 5 year olds playing grand theft auto. Our society is in trouble.
word count: 286
MofaMF

Post by MofaMF »

It will be a a Fallout/Wasteland situation. Civilisation as we know it will end in the next 100 years .... better to stay positive mind!
word count: 25