AMA: Ask the Spook

Here, you're welcome to start a thread for others to ask you anything they might want to know about you! Within reason, of course!
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

[mention]Juneberry[/mention] Probably still do everything else i do, like sewing, restoring and fixing machines, carpentry, and a million other things.

it'd be like living in the early 1970's, pre home computers, with 8 track and compact cassette tapes (CD's are a digital format), cars without ECU's so they'd be easier to fix as it's more mechanical, and I'd probably do math the way I was taught to and always have, on paper the long way (I was a rebel in high school because I refused to use calculators, didn't need them and could show my work, plus I always got stuff done faster than the calculator kids roflol).

I'd probably write either by hand or using a type writer, and use a book full of graph paper for my finances.

so honestly not much would be different other than the world would be smaller, I'd probably be more successful, and instead of playing arcade games and computer games I'd be turning lawn mowers into go-karts and off-roading either using my jeep or some sort of custom 4X4/dune buggy.

also I'd be at the library... a lot.
reading peer reviewed articles on space and astronomy.

speaking of, no computers means no space travel, that would really suck.
word count: 223
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Where in space would you like to travel? I hope I haven't already asked this... I'm losing track.
word count: 20
Spook of the lost

[mention]Juneberry[/mention] honestly? Everywhere, I'd want 3 things.
Eternal youth, a cryogenic sleep pod, and some form of Faster than light space ship drive.

at that point I'd spend years just exploring for the hell of it.

as for specific places... off the top of my head I'd visit the rest of the solar system first, especially the unknown regions beyond the kiper belt.
then I'd explore nearby solar systems, especially the ones with possible earth like planets, it'd be cool to check them out.
finally... if I could do it safely and I could navigate the chaos, I'd like to visit the galactic core.

I mean the core naturally produces anti-matter, has swarms of black holes, and gives off deadly radiation of all kinds constantly... but it'd be neat to visit, and maybe swing by that supermasive black hole, just not too closely...

and no worries about losing track, this thread is 53 pages long lol.
word count: 166
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

How did it get so long so fast!?
word count: 8
Spook of the lost

Guess I must be more interesting than I thought *shrugs*
word count: 10
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Did you not think you're interesting?
word count: 7
Spook of the lost

it's more that it's hard to tell because I'm me, I'm not always sure how I look to others.
word count: 23
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

How is your self-esteem? *Curious*
word count: 6
Spook of the lost

It varies. I'm confident in myself because I'm able to do crazy and awesome stuff, especially compared to most of my peers but socially I'm incredibly anxious and terrible at conversation, especially in person.
It's that part which kinda messed with my feeling of self worth. It's like... Yeah I can be completely self reliant, fix anything that breaks, cook my own meals, and generally don't have any issues being alone but I'm an idiot when it comes to people and have no idea how that looks to others. Most people probably don't care until I can fix their problem so I must be either annoying or boring and thus not very interesting...
word count: 121
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Does it help you to know I like you the way you are without wanting you to fix my stuff? (I have my dad for all that! xD)
word count: 28