What got you into the visual arts?

Whether you want to talk about supplies or how you get inspired, this is the place to talk all things art!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What got you into the visual arts?

Post by Juneberry »

I'm curious if anyone knows/remembers when they first learned they loved to create visual art. I used to doodle a lot as a kid, but I don't remember why I loved it so much. I do know it's often one of my coping skills still, though, so it could be related to that!
word count: 57
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Probably after I met my one friend I had in school in middle school. She was an awesome artist, and probably around that was when I started drawing more.

I like to doodle a lot too. I always find myself doing it.
word count: 42
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Doodling can be great fun, and also good for helping with concentration, believe it or not! In my high school days, when I was in specialized schools, they'd let us doodle/draw during group therapy because of studies that showed doodling during meetings can help not just calm you but also help you retain information and concentrate.
word count: 58
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am Doodling can be great fun, and also good for helping with concentration, believe it or not! In my high school days, when I was in specialized schools, they'd let us doodle/draw during group therapy because of studies that showed doodling during meetings can help not just calm you but also help you retain information and concentrate.
Hm that's interesting! Heh, I used to have folders covered in doodles. I had one I just drew anime eyes all over. XD
word count: 91
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

I did that on a piece of paper that I was doing notes in oops.
word count: 15
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Juneberry wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:54 pm I did that on a piece of paper that I was doing notes in oops.
I do it on my mom's lists and stuff all the time. XD
word count: 38