Where do you get inspiration for your art?

Whether you want to talk about supplies or how you get inspired, this is the place to talk all things art!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where do you get inspiration for your art?

Post by Juneberry »

Writing and art both tend to require inspiration, but as a more visual experience, I can only imagine art requires a different kind of inspiration. So, what inspires you lovely artists? For me it's usually my stories... But that's because I'm primarily a writer. What do you find gives you the most urges to create your lovely art?
word count: 61
Spook of the lost

Post by Spook of the lost »

The world around me surprisingly.

I'm immersed in the ebb and flow of technology and the world by choice, and it feels like something out of a dystopian cyberpunk novel, even if it doesn't look like it yet.

Standing atop a rooftop, the display attached to my glasses streaming cellular and wifi signals to my eyes.
Below the world seems deadly silent, people hiding from the latest plague released on the world due to mans recklessness.
Somewhere in cyberspace, an AI ripples as it begins waking up, mankind's collective emotion and imprint on the wired stirring it's budding neural network while megacorps remain ignorant counting their riches and hiding in their glass towers from the masses below, private armies guarding the fortresses.
word count: 126
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche