What got you into writing?

You're free to talk about anything writing related here. Talk plot, talk revision- literally anything related to writing!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

What got you into writing?

Post by Juneberry »

Do you remember when you started writing? Do you remember what lit that spark that made you go from trying it to regularly pursuing it in some way? I know for me, I started trying to write my first book when I was about eleven. My dad found the manuscript earlier this year, in fact. I'm embarrassed just looking at it! But to be honest, I always liked stories: both telling and listening to them. My favorite stories for bed were ones dad made up just for me. And I think it was because of that that I decided I wanted to make stories too.
word count: 106
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

Hm, I'm not entirely sure...

I know I always liked to make up stories. Maybe that? Or maybe from school. Sometimes they'd have you do creative writing. I honestly don't really remember.
word count: 35
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

Oh I know how hard that can be! I took a creative writing class in middle school and we had to write a short children's book as a project for a grade. It was hard... especially because we also had to illustrate it. But just writing the story can be difficult on its own.
word count: 55
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

I like storytelling. That's been my only particular reason.
word count: 10
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Juneberry »

slooroo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:40 pm I like storytelling. That's been my only particular reason.
Good enough reason as any! Any idea when you started to enjoy storytelling? :3
word count: 33
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

Juneberry wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm Good enough reason as any! Any idea when you started to enjoy storytelling? :3
Not especially, it's just something I've always done. As a kid I always made stories in my head and lived them out. When I got in my teens I even had a small period of my life where I enjoyed telling lies simply to see how far you can tell a story without someone realizing it's fake. Now I just live in my mind.
word count: 90