Books that help you write?

You're free to talk about anything writing related here. Talk plot, talk revision- literally anything related to writing!
Juneberry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Books that help you write?

Post by Juneberry »

I'm looking at my top shelf of my new bookshelf, where I put two reference type books dad passed on to me while doing some cleaning up a piece of his room. He actually had five or so for me, but only two interested me, because I could see using them more than the others. So, my currently only easy access books are The Weather Identification Handbook and the Dictionary of Medical Terminology I took from him. Other books I plan to make easier to reach are some travel guides for reference in world building, and a few other reference books like a workbook on writing children's stories and some naming books.

Anyway, while I was thinking about which books to put where, I realized something: I have a lot of different kinds of books I reference when I write. What do my fellow writers find helpful?

So, fellow writers, tell me what kind of books you keep handy while getting your words out. What helps you the most, and why?
word count: 173
Megan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Megan »

I have various writing books. And honestly, too lazy to check the titles. XD But also have a baby name book that I use for coming up with character names.
word count: 30
slooroo

Post by slooroo »

I pick up small ideas from any book or article I read but I don't really read books on how to improve my writing. I have On Writing by Stephen King but I haven't bothered to read it yet.
word count: 41